112 W. KING ST.

112 W. KING ST.

112
,
Hillsborough
NC
Built in
1911-1918
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
,
Local Historic District: 
National Register: 
Type: 
Use: 

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment

In tours

  • This building does not appear in any tours yet.

Last updated

  • Tue, 11/01/2016 - 9:21pm by gary

Comments

112
,
Hillsborough
NC
Built in
1911-1918
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
,
Local Historic District: 
National Register: 
Type: 
Use: 

 

 

Looking east on West King, 1918. Hayes Drugstore and the corner of Churton and King are in the background. Rosemond's Drugstore is at left. (HOTTOH)

Rosemond's Store, 1922 (HOTTOH)

1937 - H. Lee Waters (State Archives of North Carolina)

This one-story, commercial building has a glazed brick façade with brick on the right (east) elevation laid in a five-to-one common bond. The parapet roof steps down toward the rear of the building and there is a recessed sign panel on the façade with a corbelled brick cornice above. The storefront features a recessed entrance with a replacement nine-light-over-two-panel door with a one-light transom centered on the façade. The entrance is flanked by plate-glass display windows in copper frames on a low brick knee wall. The full-width transom over the storefront has been boarded-over and is obscured by a later fabric awning. According to the Sanborn maps, this building was built between 1911 and 1924.

1983 (NCSHPO via Tom Campanella)

This one-story, commercial building has a glazed brick façade with brick on the right (east) elevation laid in a five-to-one common bond. The parapet roof steps down toward the rear of the building and there is a recessed sign panel on the façade with a corbelled brick cornice above. The storefront features a recessed entrance with a replacement nine-light-over-two-panel door with a one-light transom centered on the façade. The entrance is flanked by plate-glass display windows in copper frames on a low brick knee wall. The full-width transom over the storefront has been boarded-over and is obscured by a later fabric awning. According to the Sanborn maps, this building was built between 1911 and 1924.

07.31.2016 (G. Kueber)

In September 2016, Cup-A-Joe moved from their tiny space up the street (120 W. King) to this location.

10.29.2016 (G. Kueber)

Add new comment