1971 (from News of Orange County)
1983 (NCSHPO via Tom Campanella/builtbrooklyn.org)
This one-story, parapet-roofed building has been altered with the removal of a tiled pent roof and the addition of stucco to the exterior. The building is six bays wide and the left (north) two bays project slightly with a plate-glass display window on the left and a one-light wood door on the right, both of which are covered by a single aluminum awning. There is another display window on the left elevation with a matching aluminum awning. Two wood doors at the rear of the left elevation each have a four-light transom and likely accessed restrooms. The middle two bays and the far right (south) bay contain multi-light overhead garage doors and there is a single pedestrian entrance between the right two garage doors. Metal awning windows are located on the rear (east) elevation. County tax records date the filling station to 1942. A tiled pent roof was removed, the right two bays were added, and the building was covered with stucco around 1980 when it was converted to the John Couch Oil Company.
(Note: the survey taker was incorrect, in that only the right bay is/was an addition, and the stucco was added by 1971)
08.04.2016 (G. Kueber)