306 W. FRANKLIN ST.

306 W. FRANKLIN ST.

306
,
Chapel Hill
NC
Built in
1920-1940
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
National Register: 
Type: 

Fowler's Grocery Store - which started in Chapel Hill in the 1920s. As of the 2000s, occupied by several restaurants/bars, including Vespa.

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment

In tours

  • This building does not appear in any tours yet.

Last updated

  • Mon, 07/04/2016 - 10:22pm by gary

Comments

306
,
Chapel Hill
NC
Built in
1920-1940
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
National Register: 
Type: 

 

Fowler's Food Store, 1950s

Fowler's Food Store was founded in Chapel Hill by the Fowler family in the 1920s. The store occupied several locations on West Franklin Street; in 1942, the grocery opened a Durham location on North Roxboro Road, just south of East Club Blvd. In 1950, Owners were noted as "RL Fowler and MM Fowler, the former being in active charge."

After the family sold the Chapel Hill store in the mid-1970s, the Durham store became the one-and-only.

01.17.09 (G. Kueber)

Add new comment

Add new comment