07.23.2016 (G. Kueber)
(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
The late 1800s frame weatherboarded building is 3-bays wide with a front-gable roof sheathed in v-crimp metal and with returned cornice. The main facade is lit with 9/9 double-hung windows and is fronted by a hipped porch roof supported by chamfered posts. A small1-story side addition, which formerly housed a post office, is lit with 6/6 and 4/4 double-hung windows. The interior of the store retains the original fixtures, glass display cases and hardwood floors. The structure was erected in the 1880s by the Allison family and has been in continuous operation to the presentday. The Oliver family acquired the store in October 1907 and C.H. Pender and his wife Irene Oliver acquired the store in the 1960s (Graybeal interview with Irene Oliver Pender, July 16, 1997 and Stephen Finley, August 14, 1997).