07.31.2016 (G. Kueber)
In 1923, a two-story cloth building was built along Nash Street, on the site of the former cotton storage sheds. The gabled roofline of this building is the same pitch as the main mill building, anchored by an elevator tower at the northeast corner. It has continuous fenestration with steel hopper windows (15 pane windows on the first floor, 35 panes on the second floor). Unlike the windows of the main mill and addition, the sills are concrete and the lintels are flat rather than arched. The short north and south facades have double- wide service doors at both levels.
1943 Sanborn Map (ProQuest)
Looking east-northeast, 05.04.2005 (Belk Architecture)
View south with the Cloth Building to the left and the Main Mill/Picker Room to the right, 05.04.2005. (Belk Architecture) This is prior to the construction of the faux-historic building between the cloth building and the West End storefronts (the profile of which can be seen in this picture as the gray stepped masonry walls in the background)
Window detail - 07.31.16 (G. Kueber)
08.10.2015 (Belk Architecture)