The original Chapel Hill Graded School was the first (white) public school in Chapel Hill. It was located on the Road to Pittsboro (about where the UNC School of Social Work building is presently), in the former Canada School building. In May 1915, a bond election was scheduled to vote on buying a site for a new graded school, which was built on Franklin Street.
View southwest, circa 1912 (UNC-SHC)
Former school building (indicated by red arrow), 1915 Sanborn map excerpt