(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
Sited on a triangular lot with St. Mary's Road to the east, South Cameron Street to the west, and North Tryon Street to the north, this one-and-a-half-story, side-gabled house was built as the rectory for St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church. The house, which faces south, is three bays wide and double-pile with a wide, shed-roofed dormer on the façade. The house has plain weatherboards, two-over-two wood-sash windows, and an interior brick chimney. The six-panel door, centered on the façade, has three-light- over-two-panel sidelights and a three-part transom. It is sheltered by a full-width, shed-roofed porch supported by Tuscan columns. The porch was enlarged to wrap around the right (east) elevation, where it was been enclosed with windows in 1993 [HDC]. There is a single window in each side gable and a small, shed-roofed dormer on the rear elevation. Two one-story, gabled ells project form the rear with a narrow, shed-roofed section between them. A brick retaining wall extends along North Cameron Street and St. Mary’s Road and an original early twentieth-century picket fence with spear top motif surrounds rear of house. This lot was owned by numerous individuals from the late 18th century to 1869, when it was acquired by St. Matthews, located directly opposite on St. Mary's Road. Since rectors have lived on this site since 1869, there must have been an earlier rectory here. Bellinger dates the current structure to 1910.