This structure was built prior to the development of "Cobb Terrace," likely sometime between 1910 and 1915.
Located slightly behind (east of), and facing the rear of, the house at 2 Cobb Terrace, this onestory, hip-roofed, Craftsman-style bungalow is two bays wide and triple-pile. It has plain weatherboards, one-over-one wood-sash windows, and an exterior brick chimney on the left (north) elevation. The threelight-over-two-panel door is sheltered by a one-bay-wide, shed-roofed porch supported by tapered wood posts on weatherboard-covered piers. A shed-roofed dormer centered on the façade has a louvered vent flanked by diamond-light windows. A gabled addition at the rear continues the main ridge of the roof. It has fiber cement siding, grouped vinyl slider windows, and basement-level French doors. A gabled screened porch projects from the left elevation and an unpainted wood deck spans the majority of the left elevation with a parking area and plywood-sheathed storage below the deck. There is a stone wall at the right (south) and a loose stone wall at the rear (east). The building appears on the 1915 Sanborn map. The rear wing was constructed before 1992.
Circa 1920 (photo by Collier Cobb, via UNC)
View east (photo via MLS)