Built circa 1922 on NC HWY 10 by/for the McLendon family. The property and filling station was sold to Charles N. Harris in 1929.
In 1934 it was leased by the Freeland family. In addition to it being a gas station, the Freelands also sold barbecue. They quit the business by 1940.
This was an Esso gasoline/service station until circa the 1980s. It has been a series of various businesses since.
View north east, 2020 (S. Rankin)
View north west, 2020 (S. Rankin)
View north, 2020 (S. Rankin)
View south east, 2020 (S. Rankin)