View southwest, circa 1925 (via UNC)
View west, circa 1930 (via UNC)
1915 Sanborn map excerpt
The original structure was built in two parts (one was brick, one was wood frame); the first section was built in 1856 by/for George Washington Purefoy as a schoolhouse, then soon afterwards attached another section to be used as a residence (or the entire building was converted into a residence). In the 1880s, the structure was converted into a parsonage for the adjacent Baptist church
The property was sold by trustees of the Baptist Church to W. E. Thompson (who also happened to be a trustee of the church) in October 1938. Thompson sold the property to the North Carolina Pharmaceutical Association in December 1949.
View north, circa 1970 (via CHHS)
View south west, June 2019 (via Google Streetview)