(Photo by Matt Jones)
Built in 1949 by/for Lonas and Elizabeth Williams. Purchased from the Lustron Corporation of Columbus, Ohio, via Taylor-Made Homes of Greensboro. This was the first Lustron house built in the Triangle area.
Mrs. Williams initially ordered the pink structure with a green roof, but unfortunately they were out of that color at the time. The Chapel Hill Junior Chamber of Commerce held a public viewing of the house (as a fundraiser) in late May and early June, 1949.
May 27, 1949 Chapel Hill Weekly
June 3, 1949 Chapel Hill Weekly
Sold in 1967 to Robert D. and Phyllis Verhalen. Sold in 1973 to Elizabeth Beleny. Sold in 1984 to Daniel Sobotka. Sold in 1988 to the Clark C. Burritt family. Sold in 1994 to Julie Bond-Meers.
Photo by Jay Fulkerson (via ncmodernist.org)
For more information: