View north east, circa 1925 (via UNC)
1925 Sanborn map excerpt
This property was once the site of the Chapel Hill Telephone Company exchange building. In 1925, UNC purchased the Chapel Hill Telephone Company and upgraded the outdated system as soon as funds allowed (to include moving the exchange to a new building on Rosemary Street) in 1927.
In July 1929, J. S. Patterson purchased the property; Patterson likely sold it to T. C. Worth in June 1937; Worth likely sold it to John T. Manning et al. in June 1940; UNC may have owned the property after Manning...etc. At some point the adjacent Presbyterian Church obtained the property.
It is now the location of the Presbysterian Campus Ministry/Student Center building, built in 1959, that is part of the Chapel Hill Presbysterian Church complex.
View east, August 2019 (via Google Streetview)