110 W. KING ST.

110 W. KING ST.

110
,
Hillsborough
NC
Built in
1880-1888
/ Demolished in
1924-1937
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
Local Historic District: 
Type: 

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment

In tours

  • This building does not appear in any tours yet.

Last updated

  • Mon, 12/16/2019 - 11:15am by gary

Comments

110
,
Hillsborough
NC
Built in
1880-1888
/ Demolished in
1924-1937
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
Local Historic District: 
Type: 

 

1918 (HOTTOH)

Two-story brick structure with two double-hung windows on the second floor and a first floor storefront. Per Sanborn maps, appears to have been built in the 1880s.

The second floor of the building was utilized as the offices of the Hillsboro Recorder in the late 1880's (see 1888 Sanborn map excerpt below). After the original Hillsboro Recorder newspaper moved to Durham in 1879 and was renamed the Durham Recorder, the "new" Hillsboro Recorder was edited and published at this location by Parish & Strudwick from August 1887 to August 1888.

 

 The structure was likely demolished by the 1930s (it is depicted as vacant on the 1924 Sanborn map). The parcel is now part of a municipal parking lot.

Add new comment