07.02.2016 (G. Kueber)
(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
Constructed around 1870 as a kitchen for the Parks-Richmond House on West King Street, this unusually-tall, one-story, side-gabled house was moved to the current site [..] in 1937 and appears as a dwelling on the 1943 Sanborn map [Bellinger]. The house is three bays wide and single-pile with plain weatherboards, large six-over-six wood-sash windows, and a twenty-light French door centered on the façade. The entrance is sheltered by a front-gabled porch supported by square columns with German-profile weatherboards in the gable. A double-leaf entrance on the left (north) elevation has a transom and molded surround and is sheltered by a small shed roof. A shed-roofed porch at the right rear (southeast) is supported by square posts and has German-profile weatherboards in the gable.
The structure originally stood behind (to the south of) the Parks-Richmond house and was moved west to front on South Wake Street. It remains part of the same parcel that includes the Parks-Richmond house and 183 W. King St.