08.20.2016 (G. Kueber)
(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
A rare and intact and example of a T-shaped Victorian cottage, this one-story, side-gabled house features a symmetrical façade with a projecting front-gabled wing centered on it and flanked by L-shaped porches. The house has plain weatherboards, two-over-two wood-sash windows, decorative shingles and diamond-shaped vents in the gables, and a projecting hip-roofed bay window centered on the front gable. The one-light-over-one-panel doors on each side of the front-gabled wing is sheltered by an L-shaped, shed-roofed porch supported by square posts with decorative brackets and geometric railings. There is a hip-roofed bay window on the right (south) elevation. A two-story, shed-roofed wing across the rear with an inset screened porch at the left rear (northeast) has was added in 2007. The house was built for B. B. Forrest, who operated a general store on Churton Street. It was associated with the Cheek family, though the association has not been documented. County tax records date the building to 1902.