10.09.2016 (G. Kueber)
(Below in italics from the National Register nomination; not verified for accuracy by this author)
The left (west) wing of this one-and-a-half-story, Craftsman-style bungalow is reputed to be the western portion was the old Burwell schoolroom, which was moved to this location in 1850 during John Berry's renovation of the Burwell School [Bellinger]. The main block of the house is three bays wide and double-pile with a wide, shed-roofed dormer centered on the façade. The house has wood shingles, six-over-one Craftsman- style wood-sash windows, a pressed metal tile roof with exposed rafter tails and purlins, and two interior corbelled brick chimneys. There is a fixed Victorian-style window centered on the façade and the six-light- over-two-panel Craftsman-style door just right (east) of the center of the façade has matching sidelights and is sheltered by a full-width, engaged, shed-roofed porch supported by tapered wood columns covered with wood shingles. The porch wraps around the right elevation where it has been enclosed with screens. The wing on the left elevation has gable returns, a group of three four-over-four windows on the façade, and an exterior brick chimney in the left gable. There is a two-story shed-roofed addition at the rear and a one-story, hip-roofed addition that wraps around the two-story wing. Both additions have wood shingles, except on the second-floor west elevation, which has weatherboards. County tax records date the building to 1922.
Craig Perrin, who states that he used to own this house, says "[t]he School House is actually the front half of the house and was incorporated in its entirety to the craftsman bungalow you see there today" and provides a link to a video that he made about the property."