Built in 1907 for Joseph Archer and his family on property purchased from Junius D. Webb . Joseph Archer died in 1916. Fannie G. Archer operated a boarding house for UNC students in the house .
The house and property was purchased by UNC from Fannie Archer in January 1920 . From 1920 to 1925 it was a frat house for Pi Kappa Phi , when it became a women's dormitory, housing students who were burned out of the earlier Archer House. From 1926 to 1935 it was a male boarding house, run by Edna Humphreys .
In 1935 it became a women's club/dormitory/residence, still run by Edna Humphreys, until 1937, when the downstairs became the Men's Faculty Club in late 1939, with men boarding upstairs. In 1940 it reverted to being a female dormitory run by Grace Woodman. It was used as UNC offices in the 1950s.
In 1954, UNC had the house demolished to clear the site for the future Ackland Art Museum
View south east, 1922 (via UNC's Yackety Yack)
Circa 1920 aerial photo excerpt; the house is at the center (via UNC)
1911 Sanborn map excerpt ("boarding")
1925 Sanborn map excerpt (house is at #419)
1934 map excerpt
 Orange County deed book 59, page 461; see also book 77, page 314
 September 24, 1954 Chapel Hill Weekly
 Orange County deed book 76, page 187; June 3, 1921 Daily Tar Heel
 June 3, 1921 Daily Tar Heel
 May 28, 1959 Chapel Hill Weekly