09.11.2019 (G. Kueber)
(Below from the Carrboro Commercial District NR nomination)
Altered one-story brick commercial building. A false front of pine weatherboards with an arched parapet has been applied over the brick main elevation in recent years. Replacement display windows are set in applied wood arched trim. Metal mansard roof canopy shelters double-leaf main entrance of glass and wood topped by round arched glass transom. On the 1925 and 1932 Sanborn Maps the building is recorded as housing a bank. After the Depression, Luther Sturdivant operated a grocery here. Currently the building houses an auction hall.