Circa 1947 (photo by Bayard Wootten, via UNC)
View north east, May 25, 1963 (photo by Jim Wallace)
1977 (photo via Chapel Hill Historical Society)
The building was built circa 1936. The Marathon Sandwich Shop, owned and operated by Efthimios "Tommy" Mariakakis (and his uncle), was the first occupant of this space (along with the space to the left/west). The College Cafe opened in this space circa 1950 (again, along with the space to the left/west).
Circa 1955 the building was divided (into #115 and #117) and the Continental Travel Agency opened in this space. By 1977, part of the space was occupied by the Tobacco Barn; in 1983 the entire space was occupied by the Tobacco Barn. By 1988 it was occupied by Creative Metalsmiths, and still is (2020).