1939 (H. Lee Waters - State Archives of North Carolina)
(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
Above a recently replaced storefront, this one-story beige brick commercial building retains its original flat brick sign panel, stepped brick cornice, and raised brick corner pilasters. The storefront features paired, metal-frame glass doors with a single transom on the right (north) end and three display windows on a brick knee wall on the left (south). The storefront has a four-part blind transom. Likely constructed around 1930, the building is labeled as a “post office” on the 1943 Sanborn map.
March 1983 (NCSHPO via Tom Campanella)