This structure was built sometime between 1916 and 1925.
This two-story, hip-roofed foursquare is three bays wide and double-pile with flared eaves and a hip-roofed dormer centered on the façade. The house has plain weatherboards, one-over-one wood-sash windows, generally grouped, and an exterior brick chimney on the left (north) elevation. The entrance, located in a projecting bay, is a six-panel door and is sheltered by a one-story, hip-roofed porch that wraps around the right (south) elevation. The porch is supported by square posts on square piers and has molded rafter tails. The dormer has molded rafter tails and three diamond-light windows. There is a one-story, projecting, shed-roofed bay on the right elevation with a one-story, side-gabled wing behind it to the east with sliding doors on its façade that access the side yard. Two one-story, hip-roofed additions extends from the rear (east) of this gable wing. A two-story, hip-roofed ell projects from the right rear (southeast) of the house with a hip-roofed dormer on its east elevation. A second-floor balcony at the left rear (northeast), within the ell is accessed by double-leaf five-light French doors on the rear elevation. A one-story, gabled ell on the left elevation has modern fixed windows and an angled corner that follows the curve of Cobb Terrace. The house is set slightly above the street with a stone wall at the sidewalk. County tax records date the building to 1922 and the building appears on the 1925 Sanborn map.
View east, 1992 (photo by Mary Beth Gatza)
View north, 1992 (photo by Mary Beth Gatza)
View east, 2014 (photo by Heather Wagner Slane)
Circa 1924 postcard excerpt (by The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, N.Y., via UNC)