March 1983 (NCSHPO via Tom Campanella/builtbrooklyn.org)
From the National Register nomination:
This narrow, one-story, brick commercial building was constructed in a former alley. The building has a painted brick veneer with a stepped parapet with metal coping and an oval stained-glass window in the parapet. There is a nine-light-over-two-panel door with a three-light transom on the left (west) end of the façade. One the right (east) end of the façade are a sixteen-light window and a twelve-light window, each with a multi-light transom. A fabric awning extends the full width of the façade. This building was constructed in a former alley between two existing buildings. The alley is shown on the 1924 Sanborn map and Bellinger dates the building to 1930. The building was renovated in 1987, but the exterior walls of the neighboring buildings remain intact and exposed on the interior of this building.
As of 2016, the small store front is home to Cup-A-Joe, which is the nerve center, bellybutton, axis, nucleus, switchboard, real-life-Facebook and caffeine epicenter of Hillsborough.
07.31.2016 (G. Kueber)