1229 E. FRANKLIN ST.

1229 E. FRANKLIN ST.

1229
,
Chapel Hill
NC
Type: 
Use: 
,

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment

In tours

  • This building does not appear in any tours yet.

Last updated

  • Wed, 01/27/2021 - 6:39pm by SteveR

Comments

1229
,
Chapel Hill
NC
Type: 
Use: 
,

 

This property was once the location of a filling station and roadhouse. It was purchased in 1940 by Dr. Simeon A. Nathan from J. M. Atwater.

The property was bought by Louis and Florence Vine from Nathan in 1965. By the 1990s it was a luggage store and a second story was added (when?). The Vines sold the property in 2000 to Florenza Investments LLC and became Florenza Leathergoods & Luggage.
 
View north, June 2019 (via Google Streetview)
 
It is now offices.

Add new comment