1962 (History of the Churches of Hillsborough)
(Below in italics from the National Register nomination; not verified for accuracy by this author)
Constructed around 1831 at the southeast corner of East Union and North Churton streets, the house was moved to this location around 1903 and much of the exterior material dates from that period. The one-and- a-half-story, side-gabled house is five bays wide and double-pile with two gabled dormers on the façade and a wide gabled wing at the rear. The house has plain weatherboards, nine-over-nine replacement windows, a modern 5V metal roof, and two interior brick chimneys at the rear. There are twelve-light fixed windows in the gables and two six-over-six wood-sash windows in each side gable. The front door, centered on the façade, is sheltered by a full-width, hip-roofed porch supported by grouped posts on frame piers. A gabled screened porch addition at the right rear (northeast) was added around 2000. William J. Bingham built the house around 1831 and lived there until 1845. Thereafter it changed hands a number of times and at one point served as a parsonage for the Methodist Church.
09.10.2016 (G. Kueber)