In May 1923, Orange Print Shop
moved into the basement of the Strowd Building
, located on Franklin Street. However, a flood in August 1924 inundated the space in a foot of water, so the Orange Print Shop
quickly moved into a one story brick building that was built in September 1924 on property owned by Louis Graves
, UNC alumnus, editor of the Chapel Hill Weekly
and owner of the Orange Print Shop
From the late 1930s until 1962, William M. Pugh was owner/operator of the business.
In April 1954 the building/property was purchased by the Chapel Hill Publishing Company. The Orange Print Shop closed in 1962, and the property was purchased by the Bank of Chapel Hill.
June 1925 Sanborn Map excerpt
Interior, 1943 (via the DTH)
August 1962, via The News of Orange