Built in 1918 for/by W. S. Roberson.
Circa 1920 the Carolina Barber Shop moved into this building.
Carolina Barber Shop, 1924 (from UNC's Yackety Yack)
June 1925 Sanborn map excerpt, showing "Store" at #122
In 1938, the rear section of the Carolina Barber Shop building had been a "shower facility" but was converted to the Carolina Beauty Shop.
1963 ad (from Dailty Tar Heel)
By 1957 it was also used by the Norman Merle Cosmetic Studio.
Circa 1969 it became the offices for the Electric Construction Company.
In April 1977 it became the Record Bar.
1977 (via Chapel Hill Historical Society)
Circa 1990, it became Moist Records, a local music label that produced/signed many popular local bands.
By 1998 it was Blockbuster Music (which had purchased the company Record Bar in 1993).
It is presently Cold Stone Creamery.
Cold Stone Creamery, 2019 (via Google streetview)