09.10.2016 (G. Kueber)
(Below in italics from the National Register nomination; not verified for accuracy by this author)
This one-story, gable-and-wing Queen Anne-style house is three bays wide and single-pile with a low gable on the left (east) end of the façade and a projecting, front-gabled wing with canted bay on the right (west) end of the façade. The house has plain weatherboards, two-over-two wood-sash windows, two interior brick chimneys, and notched weatherboards and arched vents in the front gables. The fifteen-light French door, centered on the façade, is sheltered by a low, hip-roofed porch supported by tapered wood posts on brick piers. A side-gabled wing on the right elevation has paired six-over-six wood-sash windows and a shed-roofed porch on the façade that is supported by tapered wood posts on brick piers and has been enclosed with screens. A second screened porch, at the rear (south) of the side-gabled wing, is supported by square posts. There is a gabled ell at the left rear (southeast) and a hip-roofed addition on the left side of the rear ell. The house first appears on the 1911 Sanborn map. It was identical in form to the neighboring house at 140 E. Tryon and may have been constructed by the same builder. The wing on the west was added by 1924.