149 W. King (middle structure) - History of the Town of Hillsborough - early 20th century.
From the National Register nomination:
This one-story, front-gabled house is three bays wide and triple-pile with projecting gabled bays on the right (west) and left (east) elevations. The house has weatherboards, two-over-two wood-sash windows, and three interior corbelled brick chimneys. A six-panel door centered on the façade has one-light-over-two-panel sidelights and a three-part transom. It is sheltered by a full-width, engaged hip-roofed porch supported by Tuscan columns on brick piers with a low pierced brick knee wall between the piers. There is a small four-over- one window in the front gable and a nine-over-one Craftsman-style wood-sash window near the rear of the right elevation. The building was likely constructed around 1915 and first appears on the 1924 Sanborn map. German-profile weatherboards on the rear bay indicate that it may have been constructed at a later date.
07.02.2016 (G. Kueber)