Brady's Frozen Kustard drive-in was across Franklin Street (then called Durham Road) from Brady's restaurant; it opened in May 1950.
1950 opening announcement (via the Daily Tar Heel)
On July 5, 1954, a wind storm damaged the building and property, tearing off part of the roof and destroying several of its signs. Circa 1960, the structure was remodeled and an eight car parking awning (correct term?) was added to the front of the building.
The business was segregated and would only serve black customers from a rear window.
View south, 1962
View south, 1963
View south east, 1965
1966 ad, view south east
View south west, 1967
By the 1980s it was a Snoopy's drive-in.
View south east, 1985 (image by Larry Childress, via the Daily Tar Heel)
View south east, 1980s (Photo by Michael G., via Snoopy's Facebook page)
Snoopy's (and other structures on the property) was razed in late 1986 or early 1987 to make way for a new business complex to be called the "Chapel HIll Center."