The original building here was built in 1956, for the Crowell Little Motor Company (which had moved from its former location in downtown Chapel Hill).
View north, 1958 (photo by Bill Prouty/CHW)
In 1964 a gas/service station (Crowell Little Exxon/Humble Oil) was built on the northern section of the property.
In 1977, Lowe's (the home improvement company) moved into the structure; on August 10, 1997, Lowe's moved out of the structure and into their new building on US 15-501 near HWY 40.
August 1997 (DTH)
The building was demolished in 1998 or 1999.
In 1999, two new buildings were built on the property: A Staples store and a Blockbuster Video store (now a Wells Fargo).
View south, July 2019 (via Google Streetview)
View south east, July 2019 (via Google Streetview)
View south west, July 2019 (via Google Streetview)