07.02.2016 (G. Kueber)
From the National Register nomination:
This massive two-and-a-half-story, side-gabled, Colonial Revival-style house is three bays wide and double-pile with a full-width, two-story, shed-roofed rear wing. The house has plain weatherboards with scalloped boards in the west gable, one-over-one wood-sash windows, and two interior corbelled brick chimneys. A fifteen-light French door is centered on the façade and sheltered by a hip-roofed porch that extends around the right (east) elevation. The porch has a standing-seam metal roof, is supported by slender Tuscan columns, and has a low railing with turned rails. A portion of the porch on the right elevation has been enclosed with screens. There are two eight-over-one wood-sash windows on the second-floor level of the façade and a shed-roofed dormer on the façade with a one-light window flanked by twelve-light windows. The two-story rear wing replaced an earlier one-story wing in 2007; it has weatherboards, one-over-one wood-sash windows, and a deeply recessed entrance. County tax records date the building to 1907 and it first appears on the 1911 Sanborn map. It was built for B.B. Forrest, general store operator.