Lloyd's Esso station, far right, view north west, 1937 (H. Lee Waters film clip)
Lloyd's Esso station, 1943 (Sanborn map excerpt)
Lloyd's Esso Service, 1940 yearbook ad
Structure is in right background; photo excerpt from February 22, 1956 (photo by Roland Giduz, via UNC)
View south west, circa 1990 (via Bellinger)
07.02.2016 (G. Kueber)
(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy)
This one-story, parapet-roofed Spanish Mission-style gas station is three bays wide and two bays deep with a stuccoed exterior on a low painted brick knee wall. Molded stuccoed pilasters extend above the roofline on the corners of the building and between the garage bays and storefront on the façade and there is a pent roof with green barrel tiles on the façade and the side elevations. The left two bays have replacement overhead garage doors and a replacement storefront on the right bay has a one-light-over-one-panel door with one-light transom flanked by plate-glass display windows. There are display windows and a five-panel door on the right elevation and three fixed windows and a paneled door sheltered by a fabric awning on the rear (west) elevation. Bellinger dates this building to 1932 and the building appears as a “filling station” on the 1943 Sanborn map.