This structure was built in 1955, and Belk-Legget-Horton department store opened at this location.
Left side of structure, view north, 1970s (via Chapel Hill Historical Society)
Right side of structure, view north, 1970s (via Chapel Hill Historical Society)
In 1978, Southern Bell Telephone Company moved into the building (Belk's moved to University Mall in 1977 or 1978). By the late 1980s the Cat's Cradle occupied the structure.
By the late 1990s it was drastically remodelled and was a Buffalo Wings restaurant. It continues in use as a restaurant today.