The United Congregational Christian Church of Chapel Hill was organized in 1910; its leaders were Rev. W. C. Clements, William E. Lindsay, Daniel S. Long, Thomas W. Strowd, Everette W. Neville, Isaac W. Pritchard, and R. W. Foster .
The property was purchased in April 1910, and the building was erected circa 1914 .
The rear addition, as an educational annex, was built in 1955, with the Webbs
as architects . Circa 1995 the church property was sold and the congregation moved
. The buildings were renovated in 2002 as an event space, and is now rented by UNC for/as the Graduate Student Center
View south west, circa 1940s (via UNC)
View south west, November 2021 (via Google Streetview)
1915 Sanborn map excerpt
1925 Sanborn map excerpt
From the July 24, 1925 Chapel Hill Weekly
Proposed educational annex, view south east, 1954 (CHNL)
From the West Chapel Hill Historic District NRHP form:
The Church was organized in 1910 by Isaac W. Pritchard and others, and the building is thought to have been built around 1914. It was known as the United Congregational Church in the 1930s, and as the United Congregational Christian Church around 1960. The modified cruciform-plan church building is "village Gothic" in feeling, and is dominated by a two-story open bell tower. The lateral gables are the primary ones, as the ridge is higher than the others. The front-facing cross-gable is brick veneered, while the side gables are covered with siding. The tower is distinguished with four paneled comer posts, dentilled adornments and a pyramidal roof. The entry is located at the base of the tower and features paneled double-leaf doors in a classical surround. The main block consists of the intersection of two blunt cross-gabled elements forming an attenuated "nave" and "transept," each of which features a round window in the gable with four quadrants. The narrow single, paired and tripartite windows in the church exhibit stained glass. The entry on the recessed northeast comer of the structure is double-leaved and transomed.
 Orange County deed book 64, page 427; West Chapel Hill Historic District NRHP form
 November 11, 1954 Chapel Hill News Leader