09.03.2016 (G. Kueber)
(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
The form of this one-and-a-half-story, side-gabled house indicates that it may have been a mill house for the Newport Manufacturing Company, which was on nearby Calvin Street according to the 1924 Sanborn map [1924 SM, Bellinger]. The house is three bays wide and double-pile with a decorative gable on the façade. It has a stuccoed foundation, plain weatherboards, six-over-six wood-sash windows, and a modern metal roof. The nine-light-over-three-panel door is sheltered by a three-bay-wide, shed-roofed porch supported by square columns. There is a six-light round window in the front gable and a single six-over-six window in each side gable. A gabled ell at the rear has paired doors on the right (north) elevation that lead to an uncovered wood deck. County tax records date the building to 1921.