Lot 232 of the 1913 West Hill Development.
Purchased by the Standard Oil Company from Nathan W. Brown and William J. Griswold for use as a fuel storage lot in October 1915. Above ground fuel (gasoline and kerosene) storage tanks are shown on the 1924 Sanborn map of Hillsboro and the 1938 aerial photo for the area.
Sites such as this were used for the bulk distribution of fuel to local fueling tanks for consumers, and later for filling stations. Its location near NC Highway 10 (present day Dimmock's Mill Road in this section) and the railroad would have been ideal, albeit near a residential area.
1924 Sanborn map of Hillsboro excerpt
Sold to W. T. Murray in January 1942. The storage tanks do not appear on the 1943 Sanborn map of Hillsboro (although the shed still is shown).