One of the early structures (lot 32) built in the Gimghoul-Piney Prospect Development. This one-story dwelling was built in 1924 for Ralph M. and Hazel Trimble by local contractor Charlie Lee Martindale. Ralph Trimble was a professor in the School of Engineering at UNC and surveyed many properties in Chapel Hill, including the original Gimghoul subdivision.
The house was demolished in 1987. A new house was built on the property in 1993.
1925 Sanborn map excerpt
From the NRHP Gimghoul Neighborhood Historic District registration form:
"Vacant lot that was the site of one of first houses in the subdivision, built in 1924 for Ralph and Hazel Trimble by contractor Charlie Martindale. Ralph was a professor in the School of Engineering at UNC and surveyed the lots for the original Gimghoul subdivision. Demolished in 1987."
View south, June 2019 (via Google Streetview)