238 S. NASH ST.

238 S. NASH ST.

238
,
Hillsborough
NC
Cross street: 
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
,
Type: 
Use: 
,

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment

In tours

  • This building does not appear in any tours yet.

Last updated

  • Mon, 12/16/2019 - 3:05pm by sevy

Comments

238
,
Hillsborough
NC
Cross street: 
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
,
Type: 
Use: 
,

 

1930s (UNC Postcard Collection)

Built circa 1915, the corner storefront at West End was clearly a drugstore in its early incarnation. It was the West End Drug Company store and was owned and operated by Charles W. Andrews. Andrews had the West End Drug Company building built on property owned by Hugh S. Cates. 

1930s (UNC Postcard Collection)

On the 1950s map by Henry Davis, this building's storefronts are noted as "Dime Store" and "Grocery"

He notes this building as abandoned in 1986

In the early 2000s, Leland Little Auction House was located here.

~2009 (Tom Campanella)

As of the 2010s, it has been a series of bar/music venues.

05.09.2015 (G. Kueber)

As of October 2016, "The Whistle" has closed and the venue is called "Nash Street Tavern"

Add new comment