The building opened in September 1966 as a One-Hour Koretizing, operating until 1973 or 1974. The structure replaced the (Eugene) Andrews House, which was built sometime between 1915 and 1925.
In 1975-1976 it was The Library specializing in pool/billiards, foosball, pinball, and beer. The building was vacant from 1977 to 1981 (!). From 1987 to 1999 it was a few book stores, a laundromat, and a "video restaurant"; probably a few other things as well.
VisArt opened in the building in late 1999, but closed in August 2004.
The owner of the building raised the rent (doubled it, reportedly), hoping for a national chain to rent the space. Well, he got his wish, as Chipotle opened in the building June 29, 2007. The soil had to be expunged before Chipotle moved in, however, as the soil was contaminated from its years as a dry-cleaner.
July 21, 1966 (DTH)
September 20, 1966 (DTH)
November 30, 1999 (DTH)
1925 Sanborn map excerpt, showing earlier house at #301