Local businessman Junius D. Webb purchased the empty lot on which this house sits from David McCauley in 1894. The house was built circa 1913. The house was home for Webb, his wife Miriam, and their eight children until April 1918, when they sold it to William B. and Margaret P. Horton.
Sold to William S. Roberson in April 1923. Re-sold to Henry A. Whitfield in April 1923. Also re-sold to Jennie T. Lawson in April 1923; she apparently rented the house out. Sold to J. E. Riggsbee in November 1948, who may have also rented it out. Sold to W. S. and Euphrozine Kutz in July 1954.
Since 1958 the house has been owned and occupied by the Kappa Kappa Gamma (Epsilon Gamma Chapter) Sorority, who have had the house extensively enlarged and modified.
1923 plat map excerpt (OCPB A-36)
1958 (via Pinterest)
From the West Chapel Hill Historic District NRHP form:
This large extensively remodeled Colonial Revival two-story four-square house with hipped roof, full dormers and wrapped porch, contains many later additions, but its original outlines remain visible. The house was built by Junius D. Webb, a Chapel Hill businessman who, with Herbert Lloyd, built the Webb-Lloyd commercial block ca. 1900 (home of the Carolina Coffee Shop) during the first reconstruction of the Franklin Street commercial section. The house now serves as a sorority house.
View north west, June 2019 (via Google Streetview)