The structure was likely built in the late 1920s or in the 1930s.
Early on the store was owned/operated by a Mr. Jasper (who was blind); it was later (early 1950s) owned and operated by local enterpreneurs Bynum and Susie (Hackney) Weaver
. The Weavers were known for serving "the best homemade hamburgers and dill pickles" at the store. They also, by the way, owned and operated the Chapel Hill Funeral Home
and were very active in the community, especially with helping those less fortunate.
1960s, view north (photo via Hidden Voices, likely via Wanda Weaver)
1955 aerial photo, rear of Weaver Grocery is depicted by the red arrow
Also in the 1950s, the structure (then at 310 Brooks St.) was home to the Weaver's Sister Susie Beauty Shop, operated by Susie Weaver. In 1959 it was only the Weaver Grocery Store, with the beauty shop having moved into a structure next door (308 Brooks St.).
By 1975, the structure was gone.