View north west, October 1949 (via The News of Orange)
View north, October 1949 (via The News of Orange)
Built in 1949 as the Forrest Clinic, a private hospital, it was operated by Dr. D. Efland Forrest. The chief nurse was Sue Taylor. It was equipped for minor surgery, obstertrics, tonsilectomies, X-rays, births, various internal medicine, and diagnostic work. It served both Black and White customers. It opened for business October 23, 1949.
Architectural adviser for the building was William S. Arrasmith. Dr. D. Efland Forrest acted as the contractor for the building. J. H. Liner was construction supervisor.
Interior, October 1949 (via The News of Orange)
Many, many years later it was the Yancey Rest Home. It was also Crescent Green of Hillsborough. It was then Marjorie's Place Adult Care Home. It is now a condominium.
View est, 08.08.2016 (G. Kueber)
(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This one-story, side-gabled, brick building is five bays wide and double-pile with three low gabled dormers on the façade. The building has eight-over-eight wood-sash windows with six-light windows in the dormers and vinyl siding in the gables, dormers, and on the rear (west) elevation. The paneled door and sidelights have a classical surround with fluted pilasters and modillions on the entablature. It is accessed by an uncovered brick stoop with metal railing. There is a deep, gabled wing at the right rear (northwest) that has both six-over-six and eight-over-eight windows and two additional entrances on the left (south) elevation, one of which is accessed by a wood ramp. In its form the building is typical of 1950s and 1960s Ranch houses.