Thurman Atkins purchased the lot in August 1947. In 1948-49 he had a structure built, which he named the Hollywood Restaurant (aka Hollywood Grill, Hollywood Cafe). He also used the property for several of his other businesses, including the Hollywood Cab Company.
In 1957, Atkins had an addition made to the rear of the structure, to be used as a boarding house.
From circa 1955 to circa 1965, Charlie Mason operated the Hollywood Restaurant. From circa 1965 to circa 1968, James H. Cotten and Walter Riggsbee operated the restaurant. In 1969 the restaurant was operated the by Ruth Jones.
Atkins died in 1978 and the property was inherited by William H. Scott, Sr. in February 1988 (Scott was the brother-in-law of Thurman Atkins). The family sold the property in October 1989. The restaurant 411 West
opened at this location in 1990.
An addition to the east side of the structure was built circa 2015.
Known businesses that occupied this structure:
1948: Hollywood Restaurant/Cafe/Grill
1953, 1958: Hollywood Cab Company and the Hollywood Restaurant
1963, 1968, 1973: Hollywood Cab/Carolina Cab and Hollywood Restaurant
1978, 1983: Carolina Cab, Yellow Cab, the Bread Shop
View south east, November 2021 (via Google Streetview)