08.14.2016 (G. Kueber)
(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This one-and-a-half-story, side-gabled, Craftsman-style bungalow is three bays wide and double-pile with a pedimented front-gabled dormer centered on the facade. The house has a brick pier foundation with concrete-block curtain wall, weatherboards, and two interior brick chimneys on the ridgeline. It has two-over-two wood-sash windows on the façade with six-over-six windows on the side and rear elevations, and four-over-one Craftsman-style wood-sash windows in the dormer. The six- light-over-three-panel front door is sheltered by an engaged shed-roofed porch supported by turned posts. A double-leaf one-panel door on the right (east) elevation is sheltered by a small, gabled porch supported by square columns. There is a one-story, side-gabled wing on the left (west) elevation, a side- gabled open porch on decorative metal posts to its left, and a shed-roofed wing at the rear. A low stone wall extends along Calvin and Hillsborough streets at the edge of the property. The house is typical of 1920s Craftsman-style architecture and appears on the 1924 Sanborn map. However, the core of the house is earlier and may have been moved to the site.