423 W. KING ST.

423 W. KING ST.

423
,
Hillsborough
NC
Built in
1890-1920
/ Demolished in
1993
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
Local Historic District: 
Type: 
Use: 

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment

In tours

  • This building does not appear in any tours yet.

Last updated

  • Mon, 09/26/2016 - 11:38am by gary

Comments

423
,
Hillsborough
NC
Built in
1890-1920
/ Demolished in
1993
Architectural style: 
Construction type: 
Local Historic District: 
Type: 
Use: 

 

1990 (Susan Bellinger)

The Hamlett House stood on this site until 1993, when it burned/was destroyed. The house below was built on the former site of the house.

09.03.2016 (G. Kueber)

(Below in italics from the National Register nomination; not verified for accuracy by this author)

This one-story, side-gabled house is four bays wide and double-pile with a front-gabled porch centered on the fac╠žade and a projecting shed-roofed wing to the right (west) of the porch. The house has synthetic siding and vinyl windows. The six-panel door is sheltered by a two-bay-wide, front-gabled porch supported by turned posts with a turned railing. There is an unpainted wood deck at the rear.

Add new comment