This Lustron House was built/assembled in 1949 for Federico G. Gil, a then-assistant professor of political science at UNC. Purchased from the Lustron Corporation of Columbus, Ohio, via Taylor-Made Homes of Greensboro. It was Model #2 in "Dove Gray." Gil purchased the land in April 1949, as Lot #5 of the Mt. Bolus Development.
In the 1950s a two-story addition (upstairs is living area, downstairs is a garage) was attached to the east side of the original structure.
Gil sold the property in 1992 to the Garcia family. It is now owned by Edgardo Garcia, and is rented out.
View south east; November 17, 2020 (photo by S. Rankin)
View south; November 17, 2020 (photo by S. Rankin)