This structure was built in 1948.
Its first occupant was Yates Brothers Plumbing and Heating.
Screenshot from the 1948 film "This is Chapel Hill"
Then was part of Chapel Hill Motors. It opened for business March 14, 1952.
View north west, March 1952 (via CHW)
In 1953, Chapel Hill Tire moved into the building. Chapel Hill Tire was founded by Sion D. Jennings in 1953 and sold to Alton "Al" B. Pons in 1964. The business has remained in the Pons family and the same (albeit expanded) building since.
Circa 1955 (image via the Pons family)
Circa 1960 (image via the Pons family)
View north west, March 1958 (photo by Bill Prouty/CHW)
View north, June 2019 (via Google Streetview)