The "old church"
The "new church"
Mt. Sinai Missionary Baptist Church was organized circa 1871 from a Sunday School that was started by Benjamin Craig. The first purpose-built church was constructed from logs on property purchased from Anderson B. Couch circa 1880.
Rev. E. H. Cole was the church's first pastor, and served in that capacity until 1900.
When the church's congregation got too big for the log structure, a frame addition was constructed. Circa 1900 a new frame structure was built.
The 1,800 square-foot current brick structure was built in 1987 according to county tax records, but it appears to be older than that; its looks more like it was built in the 1960s.
View north, January 2019 (via Google Streetview)