1902 (via UNC)
1909 (via UNC)
1915 Sanborn Map excerpt
This property was purchased from Paul C. Cameron's estate by the Junior Order of Gimghouls in April 1898 with the intent to build a meeting lodge (upon which they did).
In April 1920, there was a fire in the Chapel Hill Country Club clubhouse which made it unusable. The club was temporarily allowed to utilize this structure until a new clubhouse could be found or built.
In 1923 the Gimghouls decided to sell this structure to build a new one on property they had purchased in 1915. The fireplace, architectural features, and lumber were removed from this structure and incorporated into their new lodge when it was built. This structure was demolished after the lot was sold in February 1925 to the Chapel Hill Insurance & Realty Company.
A house was built on the property soon afterwards (circa 1930) by/for John W. Lasley.
View west, June 2019 (via Google Streetview)