Circa 1900 (from History of the Town of Hillsborough)
The Cedar Grove Academy was built circa 1845, and operated funtil 1915. Samuel W. Hughes founded of the Academy. Orange County bought the Academy in 1914.
From the NRHP Cedar Grove Rural Crossroads Historic District (OR1424) form: "...the school building was a two-story, frame, triple-A structure with a full-facade hipped porch with a spindlework cornice. The four-over-four windows were set in segmentally arched openings. The double-leafed central entrance set within a projecting central bay. A four-sided pedimented cupola crowned the roof."